Every so often I see one of these meme things and just decide to answer the questions on it. After I’m done, I go back and look at the thing in its entirety and see what I learned about myself. (But mostly it’s a good exercise to keep writing… yes, I know I need to do more of that.)
1. What time do you wake up in the morning? Too freakin’ early in the morning (around 6:15am)
2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Dan Patrick. He’s an interesting journalist who’s had the opportunity to interview famous sports figures AND famous political figures as well. I’d like to pick his brain for an hour, that’s for sure.
3. Gold or silver? Silver. It just seems to fit with my personality more.
4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Veggietales: The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything. I think THAT speaks to the fact that I have kids… 🙂 Now, if you had asked what the last film (in general) I saw, it’d have to be Appleseed Ex Machina.
5. Favorite TV show? Burn Notice, followed closely by CSI and The Amazing Race.
6. What do you have for breakfast? Cereal, maybe toast (depends on weekday or weekend). Sometimes a bagel instead of cereal, or maybe oatmeal.
7. Who would you hate to be left in a room with? Anyone coughing, sneezing, etc. and not wearing a mask or having a box of Kleenex handy.
8. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? Nope.
9. What inspires you? Music, scenery, long drives. Anytime I have a good hour or two of nothing (which is very infrequent nowadays)
10. What’s your middle name? Andrew.
11. Beach, city, or country? Beach. I can take or leave the city or country, but there’s something about a beach that is just inspiring and relaxing at the same time.
12. Summer or winter? Summer! Winter is evil!
13. Favorite ice cream? Cold Stone Creamery mint with graham cracker mix.
14. Buttered, plain, or salted popcorn? Buttered with light salt
15. Favorite car? A ’68 Ford Mustang, cherry red, convertible. I’ve wanted one forever and ever – well, at least since high school.
16. Favorite sandwich filling? I’m partial to deli ham and swiss cheese, myself.
17. Favorite type of music? Rock, Jpop, classical, even a little country. Hip-hop or rap gets the dial changed.
18. True love? It definitely exists.
19. What characteristic do you despise? Those who are full of themselves and are know-it-alls. A little humbling can do you good.
20. Favorite flower? Don’t have one.
21. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? Until the check clears and my lawyer (because a big win means you need some protection) has gotten all the paperwork ready for signoff. Probably a couple of weeks, because you just know that third cousin twice removed is going to be calling up… you know the one, where he came to your 8th birthday party and you haven’t seen/heard from him since.
22. Do you wear pajamas? Only in winter. Otherwise it’s t-shirts and shorts.
23. What color are your eyes? Brown.
24. How many keys on your key ring? Three. Very uncomplicated.
25. Where would you retire to? Somewhere warm, but not Florida. I have no love for hurricanes. It would be great to be able to retire to (southern) Japan, but I don’t think that’ll happen…
26. Favorite day of the week? Saturday – no work plus relaxation time or time to spend with family.
28. Red or white wine? Red, because rice wine (sake) wasn’t a choice 😉
29. What did you do for your last birthday? Went to dinner at a local Irish pub. Found the place (Molly Brannigans) in the Dana Park center in Mesa. Heartily recommended – takes me back to the local Irish pub I used to hang out at in Stamford, CT when I worked there.
30. Do you carry a donor card? Nope! Not that I’m against the idea, but I’m just afraid that doctors seeing me in an accident wouldn’t do EVERYTHING to keep me alive.