So, I finally finished a couple of series – I think this is actually a first for me to complete a series in a TIMELY manner. 🙂 Plus, I was able to also watch two more movies in that time frame as well. Now, granted, I’ve completed these series and movies in the past two months, so it’s not like it all happened overnight, but here they are, with my ratings/recommendations:
- Gundam G00 – 25 episodes, 5 stars, easily. And this is just Season 1!!
- Kimi Kiss Pure Rouge – 24 episodes, 4 stars. If you like romantic comedies, this is for you.
- Clannad – 23 episodes, 4 stars. This would have been a 5 star series had it not changed direction in the last three episodes from lighthearted comedy to drama. However, despite that change, it is definitely worth watching. Note that this does not include the movie (since I haven’t seen it yet).
- Dragonaut – 25 episodes, 3 stars. Went from camp to riveting drama in the first two episodes and then lost me in the last episode. If you’re a Studio Gonzo fan, you’ll probably rate this as a 4 star series instead.
- Gundam 0083 – 13 episodes, 4 stars. Yes, another blast from the past series – one that I have always wanted to finish, since I saw the first four episodes back while I was in college and never got to see another since. I rectified that on my recent trip to San Francisco, finishing the remainder of the series while waiting in PHX airport, and in transit to/from SF.
- Ghost in the Shell: Innocence – 5 stars. Yes, I know, I’ve been remiss in seeing this one. Picks up where the original Ghost in the Shell movie left off, and it’s definitely all the better for it.
- Appleseed Ex Machina – 5 stars. How cool is that? A new movie and new character designs and unbelievably awesome storyline. This is worth a purchase at the local Suncoast.
Also, I’m almost done with Kaiji and am halfway through Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water (classic anime from the early 90’s). I’ve barely begun True Tears (only seen the first two eps) and Idolm@ster Xenoglossia (first four eps). I keep trying to circle back around and catch up with Tokyo Underground, but I just can’t seem to find time or inclination.
Lastly, I hope that someone finishes up Deltora Quest, I’ve seen up to episode 12, but there’s 65 eps!